Monday, December 26, 2011

"INSPIRED"

      Christmas day is always a beautiful time for me.  I think we take it for granted that everyone feels this way.  As I look back at just a few days before Christmas the news reported a 7 year old girl was killed, so I think this can't be a good time for them.  Then my wife received a word that she had lost a co worker to the complication of cancer, so I think this can't be a good time for them.  See it is not only death at holiday time that makes it hard, but also the lack of having.  The hustle of getting gifts for the children and love ones can become a little overwhelming if you have a lack of.  So, once gathering all of this in there's always been one thing my mom would say in times of trouble "It could be worse".  I think this state of mind puts you in a grateful attitude.  As we had our Christmas dinner yesterday I was reminded of those exact words.  See the picture here is of my mom's sister and my aunt Corrine (Cokie).  She was diagnose with cancer the early part of the year.  After finding a 10 pound growth and to find out it was cancerous was a bit much for me and my family to take in.  Shocked, disappointed, worried was just a few of our emotions.  When me and my mom went up to the hospital to visit her after the surgery.  My mom was breaking down and we talked about having faith and being strong in front of her.  Once in the room there were others there, but the thing I notice most was my aunts uplifting spirit that filled the room.  You didn't have a chance to come in and be sad because to see her smiling and encouraged was truly a blessing.  After that visit I felt a sense of relief.  My aunt a mother of the church she attends was believing in Gods words.  This is what brought this attitude of rejoicing in her spirit.  As Christians we are tested, but how many of us trust in Gods promise to us.  I think that's why he says if you have the faith only the size of a mustard seed.  That's not a whole lot, but God doesn't require a whole lot of faith to bless you.  Just the size of a mustard seed will do.  Cokie told me one day as I called to check on her that God was already answering prayers.  See it could've been worse if the growth that they removed had spread through out the rest of her body.  That wasn't the case though it hadn't spread.  She's still taking chemo but because she believe I believe that much more.  My aunt is going to the salon to get her hair done.  She's doing things for her, so after I saw the image of her from yesterday I was inspired to share not only the image but a little of her story. 

Because he hath set his love upon me, therfore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me. and I will answer him:  I will be with 
him in trouble:  I will deliver him, and honour him.
With long life will I satisfy him,
and shew him my salvation
Psalm 91; 14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment