Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saying Goodbye

       I'm blessed to have lived 42 years and have my parents and my brother here.  As I get older I take not for granted my time with not only them, but other family and friends.  Yesterday was a day a childhood friend was buried.  I hadn't seen him since my early 20's, but as I walked by his casket so many fond memories of him crossed my mind.  There was also a slideshow playing of him from over the years.  I was glad to see appearance wise he hadn't changed much.  Facial hair was maybe the extent of anything new to me.  There are a lot of people that would rather not be on facebook, but It has truly help me to connect with friends that I hadn't seen in over 25 years.  Although I didn't connect with Marcus I had been talking to his older brother Quentin.  After finding out that Marcus had pasted.  I contacted Quentin to find out the arrangements and how long he would be in town.  I wasn't able to make it to the funeral, but I wanted to be sure to go by and see Quentin and show my support to the family.  You can tell people who have a relationship with the lord.  There's nothing wrong with grieving, but there mom was truly leaning on God for support.  Only people that trust and know God show the type of strength she showed me yesterday.  As I mingled and caught up with Quentin and conversation with others it was coming time for me to go.  As I said my goodbyes Marcus mom handed me a rose in memory of him.  I was speaking about some inspirational blogs that I know that come only from God.  I really had no intent on blogging, but after leaving the rose in the car last night.  As I opened the back door today to put my camera bag there I noticed the rose.  My daughter was playing outside and I asked her to come and get the rose for me and take it inside.  Handing her the rose I saw the sun shinning on it just as I took the picture.  Knowing it had dropped down in temp last night I figured being a closed cold car it would be a little withered. It was standing strong as to let me know Marcus spirit was to.  As I end, let me share this verse from Isaiah.  

Fear thou not;  for I am with thee:  be not dismayed;
for I am thy God:  I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee:  yea, I will uphold thee with the
right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

  1. HOW BEAUTIFUL...GOD AT HIS BEST. I CAN RELATE TO THE FLOWER THING. MY SISTER PASSED THE DAY AFTER MY BDAY (FEB29). THE LAST DAY I SPENT WITH HER WAS MY BDAY(FEB 28). I SAT BY MYSELF AND HAD A TALK WITH GOD.THE NEXT DAY I WENT BACK TO THAT PLACE TO ASK FOR A FEW THINGS. ONLY THIS TIME THE FLOWERS HAD BLOOMED. THEY STOOD TALL AND STRONG JUST AS SHE HAD WITH THE LORD. A WEEK TO THE DAY I WAS EXPECTING MY SECOND CHILD/FIRST DAUGHTER. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS AND ALLOWING HER TO SPEAK TO ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling a friend today that I only do this type of post when I feel God is leading me. It never fails that it touches someone and that's what this is about. It's really never about the photography but the vision that I hope to capture through the lens. Thanks for sharing your appreciation. It just continues to allow me not to hesitate when I come across these notions.

      Delete