Saturday, April 2, 2011

Serving The City


           This morning the Corn Family started our day off by serving our community.  This effort was a collaboration of church's reaching out in one accord to give back through christian love and fellowship.  My church served as the North Hub, we had quite a few things going on at the church as well as abroad.  I had the pleasure of being one of the photographers to capture the event.  My wife and Peyton went to the Downtown Rescue Mission to assist in distributing bus passes. I covered two events, one was the flashlight give away on the campus of Alabama A&M and the free lunch giveaway at Lakewood Baptist.  My fellow brothers and sisters came out to serve in many capacity's.    Some helped in construction, sewing, letter writing to the troops, planting flowers, free car wash, and so on.  It felt good to see all of the smiling faces.  It helps when you see that because it allows others to be receptive to whats going on. I leave you with this quote from Pastor Davis when asked what did Serving The City mean to him "When I think of serving the city as one, I think of two things, the first thing is "Service" and the second is "Unity".  Jesus himself prayed that we may be one, and because we are His, we are servants as well.  Therefore, for us to serve this city as one is the will of God." Here's a few photos from the events I had the opportunity to cover.  God Bless, Peace....






No comments:

Post a Comment